Graduate Academic Certificate in Advanced Management in Libraries and Information Agencies
The Graduate Academic Certificate in Advanced Management in Libraries and Information Agencies provides the student with a comprehensive working knowledge of the fundamental principles of library and information agency management, public awareness, planning, human resources, and financial operations.
Graduates will develop knowledge and skills to effectively lead their organizations; utilize the latest research and practices in the areas of management, partnerships, budgeting, and public presentations; and foster external relationships.
Graduates will learn to effectively organize their library or information agency’s internal resources for improved accessibility and productivity.
Benefits of this Program
- Earn a Graduate Academic Certificate online (full-time or part-time)!
- Few existing programs are aimed at preparing practitioners to move into management positions.
- Information agency managers earn higher salaries: between 10 and 30,000 dollars more than librarians who do not supervise.
Worried that your busy lifestyle will get in the way of making your career goals a reality?
Our online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Earn a Graduate Academic Certificate online!
- Affordable. A 3-hour course costs approximately $1,421.45 for a Texas Resident.
- Flexible. Log in any time and from any place. Online courses allow you to set your own schedule.
- Adaptable. Working full time? Online courses make the most of your valuable time.
- Respected. Alumni of UNT's College of Information have an abundance of career possibilities.
How does this program advance my career? This program is a perfect fit for:
- Potential librarians who foresee being in a management position.
- Practicing librarians who foresee being in a management position.
- Information managers who want to update their management skills.
How does it work?
- The 12-hour Advanced Management in Libraries and Information Agencies requires three INFO Management courses (INFO 5300, INFO 5302, and INFO 5303) and one "type of library" course.
- Online course schedule rotates throughout Fall, Summer, and Spring with many courses offered each semester -- allowing you to easily fit the courses offered to your personal schedule.