Graduate Initial Teacher Certification Program
The Online Teacher Certification Program was designed for mature students who have a bachelor's degree and want to earn initial secondary teacher certification at the graduate level.
The program consists of 12 graduate credit hours and a 6-hour mentored internship. Content for all four courses is delivered 100% online. English Language Arts and Reading candidates may be required to complete up to two additional reading courses in order to meet the state requirements. Contact the program advisors for information about reading coursework.
Benefits of this Program
- Earn your Teacher Certification online.
- Increase your options and competitive edge in the workforce when you complete the program.
- Each course has set time constraints to complete various segments. This feature is designed to promote cohesiveness and peer-tutoring arrangements among individuals in the cohort.
- Course objectives are highly detailed and tightly linked to evaluation practices.
- Every course is specifically aligned with TExES requirements.
- Multicultural concepts are interwoven into each course to address the increasingly diverse student population.
- Technology applications and projects are interwoven into each course to equip teachers with technological skills that are prerequisite to effective teaching practices in a contemporary society.
- Formative, summative, and authentic assessment is included throughout the curriculum. A professional portfolio will be created and maintained to demonstrate professional growth and accomplishments.
- Instructors are accessible to students via email, telephone, and during face-to-face visits.
Worried that your busy lifestyle will get in the way of making your career goals a reality?
Our online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Earn a Teaching Certificate in less time.
- Affordable. A 3-hour course costs approximately $1,424.45.
- Flexible. Log in any time and from any place.
- Adaptable. Working full time as an educator? Take online classes to best utilize your schedule.
- Respected. "The graduates from UNT are the epitome of professional educators" - Dr. Jamie Wilson, Superintendent, Denton ISD
How does this program advance my career? This program is a perfect fit for:
- The Online Teacher Certification Program was designed for mature students who have a bachelor's degree and want to earn initial secondary teacher certification at the graduate level.
How does it work?
This is an 18-hour program equivalent to six courses. Of those 12 hours (4 courses) are online coursework, and the remaining 6 hours (2 courses) are either student teaching or practicum. Students in this program may count a number of courses toward an MEd in Teaching if they apply to and are accepted into that degree program.
U.S. News and World Report ranked the College of Education 4th in the nation for Best Online Graduate Education Programs.