Our curriculum focuses on the theoretical, practical and empirical aspects of criminal justice in preparation for advancement in the criminal justice field or the pursuit of graduate studies. The course work addresses a wide variety of subjects, such as:
- Criminal justice and public policy
- Criminal law and procedure
- Criminological theory
- Ethical and diversity issues in criminal justice
- History of crime and justice in the United States
- Police and correctional systems
- Research methods
Benefits of this Program
- Complete your degree faster through flexible transfer credit options. Credits earned at a community college or 4-year University can be seamlessly transferred into your degree plan. Schedule an appointment with a criminal justice advisor online at Appointments.unt.edu to find out how your credits would transfer.
- All courses are designed and developed by full-time department faculty. The online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice continues the tradition of quality instruction, standards of excellence, and innovation in teaching and learning for which the Department of Criminal Justice is well known.
- Quality Education. The online bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice provides students who cannot come to the Denton campus with a quality undergraduate learning experience from a highly-respected, Tier One Carnegie Classification University. This classification is given to the 131 top-tier research universities in the United States.