Graduate Academic Certificate in Rehabilitation Counseling
The post-graduate advanced certificate in rehabilitation counseling is designed for current and aspiring rehabilitation counselors who intend to pursue the certified rehabilitation counselor credential, per Category R established by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification.
The certificate requires 21 hours of post-graduate coursework in rehabilitation counseling.
Benefits of this Program
- Earn your Graduate Academic Certification online.
- Increase your options and competitive edge in the workforce when you complete the program.
Worried that your busy lifestyle will get in the way of making your career goals a reality?
Our online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Earn your certificate online.
- Affordable. A 3-hour course costs approximately $1,424.45.
- Flexible. Log in any time and from any place. Online courses allow you to set your own schedule.
- Adaptable. Working full timer? Online courses allow you to take courses each semester while working a full-time job.
- Respected. The Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE) accredits both our undergraduate and graduate programs.
How does this program advance my career? This program is a perfect fit for:
This certificate is only open to those with a master's, specialist or doctoral degree in one of the following majors from an accredited institution:
- Behavioral health
- Behavioral science
- Disability studies
- Human relations
- Human services
- Marriage and family therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Social work
- Special education
- Vocational assessment/evaluation
How does it work?
- Students must apply to the UNT Toulouse Graduate School and have transcripts of all academic work sent to UNT.
- There is a one-time $75 application fee.
- Students must also complete a program application and upload a resume and self-statement. However, certificate applicants do not need to send in letters of recommendation.
- For information regarding gainful employment disclosure data, go to the Toulouse Graduate School certificate disclosure page and select the rehabilitation counseling option.
As required by the US Department of Education, UNT is providing a direct link to the Gainful Employment (GE) disclosure for the Graduate Academic Certificate (GAC) in Rehabilitation Counseling.