The College of Information uses rolling admissions at the master’s level, so applications to the Master of Science in Learning Technologies are accepted at any time. The Office of Admissions & Advising in the College of Information is here to help you get admitted to UNT and design your MS in Learning Technologies plan of studies. If you have submitted a complete application and have not been contacted, please contact LT-MS@unt.edu | (940) 565-2445 | (877) 275-7547 (toll-free).
Step 1. Apply to UNT's Toulouse Graduate School
You must be admitted to the Toulouse Graduate School before enrolling in the accelerated online program.
- Submit your application at applytexas.org and choose the "Learning Technologies, MS" in the degree plan list. Make sure you confirm that you are applying for the Accelerated Online Program when prompted.
- Pay the $75 application fee, which can be submitted through applytexas.org
- Request an official transcript of your records from each college or university that you have attended and have them sent to the Toulouse Graduate School. Submit documents to:
University of North Texas
Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459 (USPS)
1147 Union Circle, ESSC Room 354 (UPS/FedEx)
Denton, TX 76203
- The Toulouse Graduate School will review transcripts to verify minimum GPA requirements of 3.0 on the last 60 hours of a bachelor's degree, a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA, or a 3.5 GPA on a completed master's degree. Applications that do not meet these requirements will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Scores on a department-administered placement test and/or the GRE or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) may be used in assessing a student’s application for admission to the program.
- If you meet the specified GPA requirement, you will not be required to submit test scores.
- If you do not meet the specified GPA requirement, you can enroll in the program under a provisional acceptance and may be required to submit test scores or maintain a B average in the first 12 hours of graduate coursework.
- You will be notified of your acceptance to the graduate school by mail and through my.unt.edu
Step 2. Apply to the UNT College of Information
Submit the following documents to the Department of Learning Technologies LT-MS@unt.edu:
- Two recommendations (use the following form Adobe PDF) to be printed out and completed by each reference from individuals who can give evidence of your critical thinking ability to engage in graduate studies and your ability to work independently and in groups. Recommenders may be supervisors or professors.
- A resume or curriculum vitae that outlines your previous work and/or educational experiences.
- A personal statement from you stating your overall career goal and a brief description of your professional goals with regard to work and further education. The personal statement should link your goals to relevant educational experiences and strengths; a description of your critical thinking and writing abilities; and a summary of your technology skills.
Admission of International Students
- Applicants who do not hold either U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident alien status should apply to the UNT International Admissions Office.
- An international applicant's bachelor's degree should be equivalent to a U.S. four-year bachelor's degree.
- All documents should be submitted at least six months before enrollment date.
- Click here for the International Student Admissions Checklist
Step 3. Check Status Online.
There are two ways to check your application status:
To check if your transcripts and entrance exam scores have been submitted:
The Toulouse Graduate School will send you an email and pin number to check online at my.unt.edu. You will need to activate your EUID with the pin number and click on Admissions Status.
To check if your supporting documents (essay, resume, letters of recommendation) have been submitted:
Email your full name and UNT Student ID to LT-MS@unt.edu. Enter "Application Status Update" as well as your name and UNT Student ID in the email subject line.
Visit the Registrar's website for more information on course registration dates and payment deadlines:
- Normal MS LT: Select the appropriate semester.
- Accelerated MS LT: Select the appropriate semester and then select Accelerated Online Program.
How will my Application be processed:
When all of the items from Step 1 and Step 2 above have been received, your application will be considered complete and a decision regarding your admission to our program for the following semester, or the semester you have requested, will be made.
- You will be contacted regarding your plans to enroll in the next available course(s).
- If your application is not complete, you will be notified in an email of any outstanding items missing from your application.
- Once you have been accepted to the program, you will receive a welcome email that outlines the details of starting the program.
- We are holding a place for you, but you still need to register for your course(s) and pay your tuition and fees.
- All registration at UNT is done via the Internet by logging in to myUNT, UNT.s online portal. Through this portal, you can register for classes, view your schedule or tuition bill, and make payments. Also, check the Registration and Schedule of Classes located on the UNT Registrar.s webpage.
- Verify that your computer hardware and software is up-to-date.