For questions about the status of your application for the Online Master’s Program, please contact the Administrative Specialist, Shari Wroe at Shari.Wroe@unt.edu or 940-565-2045.
For questions about the Toulouse Graduate School application process, call 940-565-2383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of Education
Department of Counseling & Higher Education
1155 Union Circle #310829
Denton, TX 76203
Matthews Hall 214
Tuition and Fees
You can estimate your tuition and fees by using our Tuition Calculators. For more information about tuition plan options, fees, and tuition, see Student Financial Services. Getting your Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Higher Education is not only convenient, but it’s also affordable.
The Department of Counseling and Higher Education offers a number of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students.
UNT offers a variety of options to help you finance your education, including financial aid, grants, and student loans. Visit financialaid.unt.edu to find out more about the application and award process.
UNT has been named one of America's 100 Best College Buys© for 22 consecutive years and offers the quality of a private university at an affordable cost.
Applying for financial aid
- Apply for financial aid online at fafsa.gov. The application is required for all types of financial aid, including Pell and other federal grants, state grants and loans. The FAFSA and Renewal FAFSA are available each Jan. 1.
- You must enroll in 6 hours (over one or two online sessions) in order to be eligible for financial aid.
- Financial aid awards will be disbursed 10 days prior to the first day of class. Awards will not disburse if you are enrolled in only 3 credit hours.
- Contact Student Financial Aid and Scholarships at 940-565-2302 or by e-mail Financial Aid directly, please click on "Ask a question" through AskUNT for information regarding financial aid for the online program.
Our faculty members are committed to inquiry and shared discovery, best professional practices, active participation in professional and scholarly organizations, the effective use of technology, and the value of intellectual and human diversity.
They are committed to your success and are your partners throughout the online course process. Your professors will be available to you through:
- Facilitating discussion threads
- Organizing and participating in student chats
- Continually monitoring and encouraging student activity and progress
- Engaging students with questions about coursework via e-mail
Master of Education in Higher Education Faculty:
The online master of education degree requires a minimum of 36 semester hours in four areas: Higher Education Core (15 hours), Research (3 hours), Internship/Field Problem (6 hours), and Specialization (12 hours). Students in the Standard Online Master’s Program must complete their degree within 5 years.
Higher Education Core …………………………………………………15 hours
EDHE 5210 Student Demographics
EDHE 5220 Cultural Pluralism
EDHE 5610 Finance and Budgeting in Higher Education
EDHE 6510 History and Philosophy of Higher Education
EDHE 6710 Organization and Administration of Higher Education
Research Requirement …………………………………………………..3 hours
EPSY 5210 Educational Statistics
Internship/Field Problem…………………………………………………6 hours
EDHE 6030 Practicum, Field Problem or Internship
(3 hours per semester, 6 hours total)
General Administration Track……………………………………………………12 hours
EDHE 5110 Foundations of Student Development Administration
EDHE 5120 Student Development Programming Administration
EDHE 5620 Student Risk Management in Higher Education
EDHE 6060 History and Philosophy of the Community College
EDHE 6850 Introduction to Higher Education Policy
EDHE 6050 Learning Theory in Higher Education
EDHE 6080 Community College Leadership
- Apply to the UNT’s Toulouse Graduate School
- Submit your application at applytexas.org and choose the “Master of Education in Higher Education” in the degree plan list.
- Submit $75 application fee submitted through applytexas.org
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university you have attended to the Toulouse Graduate School.
University of North Texas
Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459 (USPS)
1147 Union Circle, ESSC Room 354 (UPS/FedEx)
Denton, TX 76203
- Apply to the UNT Higher Education Program (College of Education)
- Download and complete the admission packet for the Master’s Program in Higher Education.
- Email the completed packet to email@example.com. The packet should include:
- The general program application
- A writing sample (maximum 2 pages)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- 3 reference/evaluation forms
*Evaluation forms should be emailed directly from the recommender. Forms submitted by the applicant will not be accepted.
The student must meet the requirements of the Toulouse Graduate School and a specific set of department requirements when applying to the master's program. To view the graduate school requirements, go to the Admission section of this catalog or visit the Toulouse Graduate School website at graduateschool.unt.edu.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications to apply for the program:
- The applicant must be tapped into the program by the district superintendent (or his or her designee).
- The applicant must have a minimum of two years' teaching experience in an EC-12 public or private school.
- The applicant must also have administrative experience prior to beginning the program.
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree from an accredited body recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- The applicant must hold a Principal Certificate issued by TEA, another state or country. Waivers issued by TEA for Principal Certification are not accepted in this program.
To complete the certification requirements, the applicant must:
- Successfully complete the UNT Online Superintendent Certification Program
- Successfully complete the required certification exam (195)
1. University Graduate School Application
Apply through the Toulouse Graduate School at www.applytexas.org. Submit the application fee and official transcripts from all schools attended to the Graduate School. If the minimum GPA requirements are met, the packet will be forwarded to our department for review. You must meet the admission requirements of the Toulouse Graduate School, including a minimum 3.4 GPA on master's degree work. You must also submit GRE verbal and analytic writing scores.
2. Departmental Application
Additional application materials must be sent to the Educational Leadership Program, including the following:
b) UNT Online Superintendent Certification Program Nomination Form from the candidate’s superintendent or his or her designee