Achieve Your Master of Science in Merchandising
The Master of Science degree in merchandising offers an integrated program of study focusing on the management of products, services, and experiences in a consumer-driven global market.
The MS in Merchandising offers:
- Our program prepares students to become leaders in the global industry as well as scholars in higher education.
- Effective leaders are developed through core competencies including solving complex problems, generating new knowledge, communicating effectively, and creating new product and business strategies. Graduate coursework in research methods, research applications, merchandising strategies, international sourcing, and consumer theory prepare students for careers in industry or higher education.
Benefits of this Program
- Graduates will be able to conceptualize, organize, and propose solutions to complex merchandising problems using appropriate research methodologies, statistical procedures, and technological applications.
- Graduates will be able to interpret qualitative and quantitative data in the critical analysis of merchandising processes and business practices.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate creative thinking and independent inquiry.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate leadership skills as they assume key merchandising positions in the industry.
- Graduates will be able to integrate merchandising theories, principles, and practices into the development, production, and distribution of fashion-oriented products
Worried that your busy lifestyle will get in the way of making your career goals a reality?
Our online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Online courses allow you to log in at any time from any place.
- Affordable. Costs $1,421.45 per 3-hour course for Texas residents – an excellent value for a master's degree.
- Flexible. 5 different study tours offered.
- Adaptable. You may convert your GAC in Merchandising to your required courses for the MS in Merchandising.
- Respected. 1st and best Digital Retailing program in the U.S.
How does this program advance my career? This program is a perfect fit for:
Merchandising and Digital Retailing offers unique programs that prepare the students for the dynamic fashion and retail industry. With strong industry connection, engaged faculty and innovative curricula, we pride ourselves on being one of the leading programs in the United States.
- 70% of the graduates complete paid internship
- 90% of graduates are employed in the field
How does it work?
The MS in Merchandising is available in a variety of formats:
- Merchandising Graduate Thesis Option
- Merchandising Graduate Non-Thesis Option
- MS Merchandising 100% Online
Thesis Option: Students may elect to conduct original research during the course of their graduate study. With the thesis option, the student will develop an idea that is suitable for a comprehensive research project. A major professor will be selected to mentor and guide the thesis project. A minimum of 36 semester hours with a minimum of 30 semester hours (including 6 hours of thesis) in CMHT is required.
Non-Thesis Option: Students may elect to earn research experience through PILOT option by taking a 3 hour PILOT course for a single semester. With PILOT, students have 4 options- research paper, conceptual paper, consultancy report, and case study. A minimum of 36 semester hours with a minimum of 30 semester hours (including 3 hours of thesis) in CMHT is required.