MS in Health Services Administration
Leaders in the current health care delivery environment seek a broad based graduate education that offers the opportunity to assume a leadership role in a health care delivery setting that serves a broader spectrum of the population. This program provides the broad foundation in health services administration that future leaders seek, and also provides choices for a specialized area of expertise. At the master's level, we currently offer concentrations in applied gerontology and long term care administration. Additional concentrations in other areas will be added in the future.
Coming in 2017, we will begin offering a Ph.D. program in Health Services Research with a concentration in Applied Gerontology. The focus will be on the applied gerontology practitioner who is interested in making a contribution to the discipline through research, while maintaining their focus on active engagement with the aging population.
The faculty has a vast array of experience in a variety of health care delivery environments, and broad expertise in health care research and policy. In addition, access to a fully online master's program allows working professionals to balance coursework and demanding careers. Students in the online program gain knowledge through applied study of actual cases, discussions, relevant projects, and interactive learning forums.
Benefits of this Program
- Online Courses make this degree achievable even while working full time.
- Investigate accessibility of the health care delivery system for aging population.
- Work with faculty members in applied gerontology research.
Worried that your busy lifestyle will get in the way of making your career goals a reality?
Our online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Earn a Master's Degree in less time.
- Affordable. A 3-hour course costs approximately $1,421.45.
- Flexible. Log in any time and from any place. Online courses allow you to set your own schedule.
- Adaptable. Working full time? Online courses allow you to work and go to school - helping you to graduate on time.
- Respected. Faculty do valuable work in research on an international scale.
How does this program advance my career? This program is a perfect fit for:
- Administrators of various agencies and facilities involved with long-term care and retirement facilities.
- Students interested in researching various social, psychological and policy aspects of aging.
- Students interested in integrating community-based and residential programs for the aged.
How does it work?
The thriving healthcare industry provides some of the nation’s best job opportunities. For instance, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) forecasts jobs for medical and health services managers to grow 23% between 2012 and 2022—considerably faster than the average percentage increase for most other occupations.
Leaders in the current health care delivery environment seek a broad based graduate education that offers the opportunity to assume a leadership role in a health care delivery setting that serves a broader spectrum of the population. This program provides the broad foundation in health services administration that future leaders seek, and also provides choices for a specialized area of expertise.
The College of Health and Public Service is proud to offer its newest programs in Health Services. If you are looking to further your career in the healthcare services, we offer the following concentrations within the MS in Health Services Administration:
- Concentration in Applied Gerontology
- Concentration in Long Term Care Administration