Master of Education in Teaching
The Department of Teacher Education and Administration offers the Master of Education with a major in teaching with EC–6, 4–8 or secondary education certification tracks. Specifically, the certification programs offered are as follows: EC→6 ESL generalist, EC–6 bilingual generalist, 4–8 mathematics, 4–8 science or secondary education at the post-baccalaureate level.
Benefits of this Program
- Earn a Master's Degree - online courses offered every semester!
- Increase your options and competitive edge in the workforce with your completion of the specializations of the degree program.
Worried that your busy lifestyle will get in the way of making your career goals a reality?
Our online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Earn a Master's Degree online!
- Affordable. A 3-hour course costs approximately $1,424.45. The Department of Teacher Education and Administration provides graduate assistantships on a competitive basis to full-time graduate students.
- Flexible. Log in any time and from any place. Online courses allow you to set your own schedule.
- Adaptable. Working full time as an educator? Take courses in the summer months and 2 courses each fall and spring to graduate on time.
- Respected. Alumni of UNT's Teacher Education and Administration department are provided with the knowledge and skills to become leaders in their field.
How does this program advance my career? This program is a perfect fit for:
- The certification programs offered are as follows: EC-6 ESL Generalist, EC-6 Bilingual Generalist, 4-8 Mathematics, 4-8 Science, or Secondary Education at the post-baccalaureate level.
How does it work?
The MEd with a major in teaching requires 36 semester credit hours, with:
- 12 hours of common core courses in education,
- 12 hours in a specialization (i.e., ESL or bilingual education for those seeking EC–6 certification) or a teaching field (i.e., an approved academic subject area for those seeking 4–8 or secondary certification,
- 6 hours of education foundations and/or pedagogy courses
- 6 hours of student teaching or internship/practicum.
Of the 36 hours required, 24 hours overlap with requirements for the EC–6 post-baccalaureate certification-only program, and 18 hours overlap with requirements for the 4–8 or secondary post-baccalaureate certification-only program.
U.S. News and World Report ranked the College of Education 13th in the nation for Best Online Graduate Education Programs.