Master of Science in Educational Psychology - Online Concentration in Gifted & Talented (GT)
The "Executive Summer-to-Summer" program consists of 33 hours, all of which are available online. Courses begin in May (other start dates are also possible) and include rotations of consecutive 3-week, 5-week, and 8-week courses. The flexibility of this program makes it ideal for the classroom teacher. The gifted and talented certificate may be earned concurrently with the master's degree in Educational Psychology or as a certificate-only option if the candidate already has a master's degree.
Benefits of this Program
- Earn a Master's Degree in 15 months. Begin one summer and graduate the next summer!
- Increase your options and competitive edge in the workforce when you complete the program.
- Receive partial funding during your year of graduate study (upon eligibility).
Worried that your busy lifestyle will get in the way of making your career goals a reality?
Our online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Earn a Master's Degree in less time. Most students complete their graduate degree in 15 months!
- Affordable. A 3-hour course costs approximately $1,400. A one-time departmental award of $1,000 is available to qualifying students.
- Flexible. Log in any time and from any place. Online courses allow you to set your own schedule.
- Adaptable. Working full time as an educator? Take up to 4 accelerated courses in the summer months and 2 courses each fall and spring to graduate on time.
- Respected. Alumni of UNT's Educational Psychology department have been at the forefront of educational programming in Texas and other states.
How does this program advance my career? This program is a perfect fit for:
- This concentration prepares students for a variety of leadership roles in schools, including as a teacher of the gifted (if the student already holds a teaching certification), program coordinator, curriculum specialist, and state education agency director, among others. This degree prepares students to sit for the Texas Examination of Educator Standards (TExES) Gifted and Talented Supplemental Certificate and also provides students with a Graduate Academic Certificate in Gifted Education (GACT-GATE) if requested and applied for. Graduates will also be prepared for doctoral coursework in this area, should they decide to continue their education.
How does it work?
- The 33-hour Master of Science in Educational Psychology - Online Concentration in Gifted & Talented (GT) requires two departmental core courses (6 hours), six courses (18 hours) within the concentration area, six hours of electives (selected in consultation with advisor) and a 3-hour Capstone.
- Online course schedule rotates throughout fall, summer, and spring with many courses offered each semester -- allowing you to easily fit the courses offered to your personal schedule.
- If you begin your journey during one summer you will be able to graduate the next summer!
U.S. News and World Report ranked the College of Education 13th in the nation for Best Online Graduate Education Programs.