[Last updated: Friday, October 14, 2020, 4:45pm CDT]
Top 5 Tips for Putting your Exam Online
with Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
Respondus Lockdown Browser presents your quiz/exam within a special browser application that prevents students from opening other browsers or applications while taking the quiz/exam. Respondus Monitor adds additional webcam options to ensure academic integrity.
- Both Lockdown Browser and Monitor require students to have permission to install applications on their computer.
- Neither product works on mobile phones or Chromebooks.
- To enable use of an iPad, you will need to use the Advanced Settings and select “Allow students to take this exam with an iPad.”
- Run a practice test, i.e.., 5 question quiz, requiring students to download, install and complete a quiz using Respondus Lockdown Browser (with or without Monitor) well in advance of any graded test.
- If the result of your practice exam indicate that your students will not be able to complete the exam with Respondus enabled, consider:
- Asking students to work with UNT’s Student Helpdesk to resolve the issue.
- Implementing other strategies such as randomized questions and time limits.
- Offering an Alternative Assessment.