Applicants must meet the following qualifications to apply for the program:
- The applicant must be tapped into the program by the district superintendent (or his or her designee).
- The applicant must have a minimum of two years' teaching experience in an EC-12 public or private school.
- The applicant must also have administrative experience prior to beginning the program.
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree from an accredited body recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- The applicant must hold a Principal Certificate issued by TEA, another state or country. Waivers issued by TEA for Principal Certification are not accepted in this program.
To complete the certification requirements, the applicant must:
- Successfully complete the UNT Online Superintendent Certification Program
- Successfully complete the required certification exam (195)
1. University Graduate School Application
Apply through the Toulouse Graduate School at www.applytexas.org. Submit the application fee and official transcripts from all schools attended to the Graduate School. If the minimum GPA requirements are met, the packet will be forwarded to our department for review. You must meet the admission requirements of the Toulouse Graduate School, including a minimum 3.4 GPA on master's degree work. You must also submit GRE verbal and analytic writing scores.
2. Departmental Application
Additional application materials must be sent to the Educational Leadership Program, including the following:
b) UNT Online Superintendent Certification Program Nomination Form from the candidate’s superintendent or his or her designee