Submit Application Form through Apply Texas
Applications for graduate study are accepted for the Spring, Summer or Fall terms. Deadlines are listed on the Toulouse Graduate School website. The application form is through the APPLYTEXAS electronic portal. This process includes the required application fee.
International Applicants must follow the UNT International Admissions office deadline. Additionally, international applicants should follow the UNT English Language Proficiency Requirements when submitting the application packet. Information on required TOFEL scores or other language requirements also given.
Submit official documentation to the UNT Toulouse Graduate School or International Admissions
Official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended must be sent to the UNT Toulouse Graduate School (national students) and the UNT International Admissions (international students). International students should refer to specific guidelines for all required official documentation.
Official GMAT or GRE scores must be sent to the UNT Toulouse Graduate School. The UNT code for the GRE is 6481. The UNT for the GMAT is 6DP-8M-55. Allow at least 4 weeks for scores to arrive at the Toulouse Graduate School. Applicants who wait to take the GMAT or GRE until the application deadline may not be considered. Scores should arrive by the time application review begins.
Submit application documentation to the CMHT Graduate Coordinator
1. Recommendation form
Download the Recommendation Form (Word.doc) and complete the applicant information in the top portion. Then forward the file to your recommender who will complete information in the rest of the form. They will save it and return it by email to the Graduate Coordinator.
If the form cannot be sent to your recommender by email, then you may print the form, complete the applicant portion and send it to your recommender. The recommender will send the completed form to the Graduate Coordinator.
2. Statement of Purpose :
This is the applicant's opportunity to address why they are seeking to obtain the graduate degree. In this statement, the applicant is asked to provide the following:
UNT ID if known:
Year start date:
Then specifically address the following:
- Identify and describe your undergraduate degree. Provide an overview of the primary content and any specializations, minors or certificates you also earned.
- Describe your prior and/or current work experience; specifically work experience related to retail merchandising or other similar positions - including paid or unpaid internships.
- Describe any unpaid, volunteer or service work that is related to the degree you are seeking.
- Identify scholarships, awards or recognitions earned, especially ones related to your educational or professional career.
- Identify your professional goals. How will the graduate degree help you achieve these goals?
- Is your primary objective to work in a professional business or entrepreneur position or is to pursue a position in higher education (community college or four-year institution)?
- Provide any additional information you would like to share for the application review.
Your statement of purpose should not exceed four pages, with 1" margins and a 12-point font.
3. Resume :
Please submit your professional resume, highlighting your education and work experience.
University of North Texas
School of Merchandising and Hospitality Management
1155 Union Circle, #311100
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Phone: (940) 565-2436
Metro: (817) 267-3731
Fax: (940) 565-4348
TDD: (800) 735-2989
Dr. Lisa Kennon, CMHT Grad. Coord.
University of North Texas,
410 Avenue C,
Chilton Hall Room 331,
Denton, Texas, USA 76201.