Achieve Your Graduate Academic Certificate in Hospitality Management
The College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism offers a 12-hour graduate certificate which will provide access to the knowledge, experiences, research skills, and critical analysis offered at the graduate level. In addition, the certificates will provide the recipients with credible documentation of the body of knowledge that they have gained at the University of North Texas.
The GAC in Hospitality Management offers:
- Our program prepares students to become leaders in the global industry as well as scholars in higher education.
- Effective leaders are developed through core competencies including solving complex problems, generating new knowledge, communicating effectively, and creating new product and business strategies. Graduate coursework in research methods, research applications, merchandising strategies, international sourcing, and consumer theory prepare students for careers in industry or higher education.
Benefits of this Program
- Understand the complexities of two diverse and growing sectors of international commerce: hospitality industries.
- Develop tools that will assist in the complexities of event management in either the merchandising or hospitality area.
- Develop skills in critical analysis of data and information resources that are used in decision making.
- Examine hospitality management strategies that build service, product, and profit capabilities of a business.
- Interpret current trends in hospitality industries with application to specific company objectives within the industry.
- Examine the impact of technology on consumer demand, company growth, and resource management in hospitality industries.
- Propose solutions to merchandising/hospitality issues and concerns in the areas of product development, service, and/or resource management.
- Evaluate performance of hospitality businesses in areas of service, product, technology, and/or resource management.
- The competencies gained may enhance career potential and professional development.
Worried that your busy lifestyle will get in the way of making your career goals a reality?
Our online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Online courses allow you to log in at any time from any place.
- Affordable. Costs $1,424.45 per 3-hour course for Texas residents – an excellent value for a graduate certificate.
- Flexible. Online courses are offered each semester, allowing for greater flexibility in attaining your GAC.
- Adaptable. You may convert the GAC in Hospitality Management to the required courses for the MS in Hospitality Management.
- Respected.The department prides itself on the percentage of graduates placed within the hospitality field.
How does this program advance my career? This program is a perfect fit for:
- Students who may not be able to or interested in completing a 36-hour degree program.
- Working professionals with time and place constraints who need some re-tooling and updating in their fields.
- Company-supported employees who seek advanced education to meet professional development requirements for periodic reviews and/or promotion.
- Geographically-isolated individuals who do not have access to advanced education in merchandising and hospitality management.
How does it work?
The purpose of this 12-hour graduate certificate is to offer professionals in merchandising and retail industries the opportunity to build skills and knowledge in critical analysis and subject content.
Upon advisement of the CMHT graduate advisor, the student will complete 12 hours of content-based courses in the area of specialization. All 12 hours must be completed through UNT and with CMHT (CMHT, HMGT & MDSE) courses. All certificates may be completed with 100% online courses. Some Certificate programs have resident campus course options as well.
As required by the US Department of Education, UNT is providing a direct link to the Gainful Employment (GE) disclosure for the Graduate Academic Certificate (GAC) in Hospitality Management.