Achieve Your Online GAC in Correctional Executive Leadership
The graduate academic certificate in Correctional Executive Leadership provides students with a solid foundation in the concepts, theories, and practices in corrections and will help professionals hone their skills and increase their knowledge to prepare them for advancement in the correctional field (Probation, Parole or Institutional). Courses emphasize management, leadership and agency with a focus on theory and correctional related analysis.
This program examines current issues in managing correctional institutions, sentencing trends, contemporary social problems in prisons, rehabilitation/re-socialization practices, probation/parole and alternatives to incarceration.
In order to be eligible for admission into the Correctional Executive Leadership certificate program, applicants must have a four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are not required for admission into the certificate program, but may be required for any student who later wants to formally enter the Master of Science in Criminal Justice program. The courses taken in the certificate program transfer directly into the Master of Science in Criminal Justice degree.
Benefits of this Program
- The primary objective of the Graduate Academic Certificate in Correctional Executive Leadership is to provide an advanced academic credential for students entering or already working in the corrections field.
Worried that your busy lifestyle will get in the way of making your career goals a reality?
Our online program is the solution.
- Convenient. Log in at any time from any place.
- Affordable. Costs $1,073.85* per 3-hour course for Texas residents and $1,515.48* per 3-hour course for Out-of-State residents – an excellent value for a master’s degree.
- Flexible. Online courses allow you to set your own schedule.
- Adaptable. With the option to take one, two, or three courses at a time, you can set your own pace to best fit your needs. (Financial Aid requires taking 5 graduate hours to qualify.)
- Respected. UNT's criminal justice alumni can be found in virtually every criminal justice agency serving the Dallas - Fort Worth metroplex and throughout the State of Texas.
How does this program advance my career? This program is a perfect fit for:
- Graduate students entering the corrections field and current full-time correctional personnel and administrators ( probation, parole, and institutional).
How does it work?
- The 9-hour Online GAC in Correctional Executive Leadership requires three (3) required core courses (9 hours) to complete the certificate).
- CJUS 5460 - Correctional Practices and Programs
- CJUS 5500 - Seminar in Criminal Justice Administration
- CJUS 5850 - Directed Studies in Correctional Executive Leadership
- Online course schedule rotates throughout Fall, Summer, and Spring -- allowing you to easily fit the courses offered to your personal schedule.
- If you take one course each session, you can earn your Online GAC in Correctional Executive Leadership in one year.